CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2006

From:
Daryl Webb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 26 Aug 2006 18:00:31 +1000

Hi all, I'm currently on leave and have just learnt that my first job back
will be to assess flood damage to a Leica TCS-SP2 confocal.

From what I can gather not a lot of water was involved, but the floor was
flooded for several hours.

Consequently our fibre optic cables were submerged for several hours...

Anyone able to provide advise or suggestions on the on the likely effects
of submerging a microscope fibre optic cable, and/or things I should be on
the lookout for...

Cheers and Thanks

==============================
Daryl Webb
Head, Advanced Light Microscopy
Australian National University Electron Microscopy Unit
The Research School of Biological Sciences
Building 46
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200 Australia

T: +61 2 6125 4819