CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2008

From:
Vitaly Boyko <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vitaly Boyko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2008 12:12:02 -0500
Hi Lily,

Yes, they will bind each other at the membrane. Adding L221K, F223R
mutations to the Cerulean and all three mutations to venusYFP may reduce
this hetero-dimerization (Cerulean has the A206K mutation, as published).

Depending on the protein and the level of overexpression (as many young
folks are in a "blind love" with a very strong CMV promoter and/or COS-7 or
293T cells which are transgenic for T-large antigen), CeFP-venusYFP
co-aggregation is a well known phenomena.

If you have any specific questions, please contact me off-line.

Vitaly

NCI-Frederick,
301-846-6575