CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2004

From:
Michael Cammer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 11:05:37 -0400

>The big problem is translating the *.lei files.  I have taken a look
>at the *.txt files that accompany the image set, and they do contain
>all of the relevant data, but there is not yet a simple program to
>extract the most relevant bits. This is clearly a work in progress.

The most recent release of the Leica software for the AOBS changed the XML
for the interactive zoom and ROI info when using the FRAP wizard.  I found
this because we were doing our FRAP and uncaging with oval or circular ROIs
on fields zoomed up to arbitrary values using the interactive zoom
feature.  Then we would use ImageJ to extract the ROI and redraw it to get
annular measurements for calculating diffusion rates.  Can't do it now and
haven't figured out the new system for recording the imfo.
Regardless, ImageJ has far more features than LCS Lite.  One of the biggest
problems with LCS Lite is that images can only be displayed scaled to the
size of the window; 1:1 scaling is not possible.  The LSC full package is
awesome, but the Lite version is really not useful.
Michael Cammer   Analytical Imaging Facility   Albert Einstein Coll. of Med.
Jack & Pearl Resnick Campus      1300 Morris Park Ave.     Bronx, NY  10461
(718) 430-2890       Fax:  430-8996      URL:  http://www.aecom.yu.edu/aif/