CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2001

From:
Martin Rook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 16:03:26 +0100
Dear Susanna;

We had similar problems with cells co-transfected with Sodium channel and
GFP cDNA constructs when fixing with Methanol.
However,  4% Paraformaldehyde in PBS fixation (over night at 4 degrees
Celcius) resulted in GFP labeling that was comparable to that in unfixed
cells.

Hope this helps;

Martin

>Dear confocalist,
>
>I'm trying to make immunofluorescence of Tubulin in GFP transfected
>cells. I have a good staining fixing with cold methanol but I loose the
>GFP signal. With PF the tubulin staining is not so good. Any suggestion?
>
>Susanna

Department of Medical Physiology
UMC Utrecht
Universiteitsweg 100