CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2004

From:
Gary Laevsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 13:44:34 -0700

Hi Greg,

So I think I'm leaning towards embedding the beads in tissue.  If I
do what you suggest, I'm worried about air bubbles localizing to the
beads (kinda like a tentpole phenomena).  What if I do the cryo
sectioning, and then soak the sections in detergent to "soften" them
up?

The gene gun is also an option.  Any input on that?  Would the latex
hold up to that (versus tungsten)?  Could the beads be "injected" at
various depths?

Thanks all,

Gary
--