CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 1997

From:
"L.M. Siperko" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 1997 13:44:02 EDT
Hello:

Does anyone know of a  F dye that is specific for OH groups?

I have a polymer consisting of quaternary amines in the presence of OH groups.
The polymer is water soluble and I want to monitor the depth to which it moves
when placed on a porous substrate (by CLSM).  If I can find a small F molecule
that reacts with OH groups, I can then react the dye with some of the groups
(say 10%), make the assumption that the dye does not interfere with the polymer
structure and monitor x,y,z after it is absorbed by the substrate.

If anyone has any suggestions, please pass them along.

Thanks,
Lorraine Siperko