CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2009

From:
Michael Weber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 2009 14:54:11 +0200
Dear all,

first of all, thanks for the replies off- and online!

I should have mentioned a bit more details in my initial post. The
embryos get mounted in agarose and investigated with dipping objectives
with water as medium, so the RI of the surrounding medium is around
1.33. I expect the RI of the embryo to be higher, so the limiting factor
for penetration depth is diffraction between medium and embryo. But,
there is nothing I can do about that, right? Clearing with i.e. BABB
would not make any sense, if I put the samples back in water-like medium
afterwards and do not use oil objectives anyway. So the imaging
conditions are already as optimized as possible - is that a valid
conclusion, or am I missing something?

cheers,
Michael