CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2006

From:
"Andrea T. Hooper" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2006 12:59:20 -0400

Ok, some answers:

(1) We have and use ImageJ, I am looking for something else, more
user friendly for a large groups of 30 plus scientists, with varying
levels of image analysis experience.

(2) We have no programmers here (biologists only!) so if some code
needs to be written for ImageJ to get it to work at a high level as
some other the other programs, it isn't going to happen.

(3) We have three main systems from which we acquire image including
an LSM510 Meta and several Axiocam systems attached to inverted,
dissecting and upright scopes.

(4) Most analyses will be for offline work on static images since our
acquisition systems are already in place.

(5) I want a 2D or potentially 3D analysis system. We are looking
into a 4D software upgrade from Zeiss for the LSM but don't have it
yet so that is not something we need to worry about right now.

I appreciate all the feedback you have given me so far. I am looking
for recommendations of what you all like best and I will work with
the sales reps to find out which one is best for me.

Thanks,
Andrea