CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2012

From:
Farid Jalali <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2012 22:58:34 -0700

Hi Paul, when I was still in the lab we were monitoring oxygen
concentration in media using an Oxylite Probe and Monitor like that
provided by Oxford Optronix
http://www.oxford-optronix.com/pO2monitors.htm(no commercial
interest).
We had this equipment because it is more commonly used for measuring
intra-tumoral oxygen in patient but we found it effective for diffused
Oxygen in media as well. The probes are expensive but flexible enough to
thread through a small bore perfusion inlet. It worked very well but again,
it requires an upfront investment in the equipment. Perhaps there are more
cost-effective ways of doing this, we were lucky to have the equipment
handy.
Best
Farid