CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2009

From:
Craig Brideau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 2009 11:49:13 -0700
Another trick is to frequency-double your Ti:Saph for single photon
confocal work.  You need a KTP crystal or the like, costing about
$1000.  It will halve the wavelength of your laser, whatever your
laser is tuned to.  You have to rotate the crystal to match the
frequency, but it is pretty easy to do with a basic rotation stage.

Craig