CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2012

From:
Cameron Nowell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2012 08:32:06 +1000

Hi Thomas,

We have exactly what you are talking about. We have a single MaiTai
DeepSee hooked up to two Olympus FV1000 systems (one inverted and one
upright). The IR induction is pretty simple to set up. Both IR induction
paths for the microscopes are standard (the inverted one was custom
built based on Olympus designs for political reasons - the list doesn't
need to know about this). Infornt of the output of the MaiTai is a
mirror on a precision motorized stage. When the stage is homed, the
mirror is in place to bounce the laser into one light path (in our case
the inverted) and when it is moved to the extreme of its travel the
laser goes straight into the induction path for the upright scope.

All of this takes up a fair bit of space obviously but ti does allow us
to have two multiphoton platforms that can also be used for single
photon imaging as well. We have even had people doing multi on one
platform and single on the other at the same time.

I am pretty sure that all the big four now offer this type of
configuration as an option when purchasing it.

Cheers

Cam

Cameron J. Nowell
Microscopy Manager
Centre for Advanced Microscopy
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research Melbourne - Parkville Branch
PO Box 2008
Royal Melbourne Hospital
Victoria, 3050
AUSTRALIA