CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2009

From:
Michael Weber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 2009 10:32:01 +0100
Aleks,

running the old AIM software up to v4.2 on Windows XP should be no problem.

Getting another PC to work with the LSM 510 is another story. Main issues
are the drivers for the scan head and e-box controller board. That's what
you pay for if you order the computer from Zeiss (and wonder why the price
is x times higher than in a computer store next door). One needs different
drivers for XP than for 2000, so you cannot just copy the drivers from the
old disc.

One way could be to migrate both board and disc to a new computer and run
it under 2000. But this operating system is also not supported by
Microsoft anymore, so it would anyway make sense to upgrade to XP.

Michael