CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2019

From:
Guosheng Liu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 2019 13:22:52 -0500

Hello Listers,

The argon scanning is barely detectable in our LSM510, but the laser itself should be fine. After opening the laser model box, I noticed a drastic alignment problem, not only for the Argon lines but also 543nm line! Wondering what has happened -- any vibration should not cause this much misalignment except someone touched them (!?).

Tried a few twists at one of the mirrors to make the light (argon or 633nm) align to the fiber but still not get any signal. 405nm line is Ok since it is using a different mirror/fiber. I'm now wondering if other component/part in this pathway broke. Before requesting an on-site service, I wish to know if there is any similar experience in SLM510 community.

Thanks,

Guosheng