CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2007

From:
"Armstrong, Brian" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2007 15:27:10 -0700

I have done this in the past with cotton-tipped applicators and methanol. I dislike doing this because it is difficult to get all the dust off. You simply need to start in the center of the sensor and in a circular pattern move from the center to the edge. You will need to repeat this many times using a new applicator each time until the sensor window is clean. Use very little methanol on the cotton tip. It seems it is partly by luck when you can get it entirely dust free. I have not found canned air to be useful for this purpose.
Good luck,

Brian D Armstrong PhD
Light Microscopy Core Manager
Beckman Research Institute