CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2009

From:
Stanislav Vitha <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 2009 09:25:40 -0500
Thorsten,
could you comment on the importance of TDE mountant purity?
Your article (MICROSCOPY RESEARCH AND TECHNIQUE 70:1–9, 2007) used the
Biochemica grade TDE (>99%, Sigma #88559, 250ML for $160.50). I have
been using the Aldrich cat. #166782 (>99%, 500g $27.70) with good success
for conofcal 3D imaging of pollen grains (autofluorescent, no staining needed).
It performed really well for these samples,  but I am uncertain if this lower
grade TDE would work for e.g., immunostained slides.

Also, if anyone is using TDE with an antifade compound, I would appreciate
information what you used, what concentration, and any specific tips on
mixing.

Thank you!

Stanislav Vitha
Microscopy and Imaging Center