CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2004

From:
Deb Berglund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 2004 10:09:52 -0600

Hi,

I am using the succinimide ester of bodipy dyes (Molecular Probes) to
label my neutrophils and it appears to do a good job of nonspecifically
labeling the whole cell (live).  I dilute it, toss it on, wait 5
minutes, then wash and centrifuge twice.  The neuts appear to remain
functional, gobbling up stuff and spreading and I am positive that I am
seeing the whole cells.   I can then fix and stain with a phalloin
conjugate and get a pretty picture of actin filaments as well.  I expect
that if you wanted to you could try it on already spread cells and
gently rinse the excess off.

If you want I could come to Spain and help you.  I love your wines.

Deb Berglund
Montana State University