CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2017

From:
Jacqui Ross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2017 20:50:33 +0000

Hi everyone,

I would also recommend using a PAP pen but be careful about how much you put on if you want to use high NA immersion objective lenses. I have had occasions where people have used too much and then when they mount their sections (with aqueous mount), the mountant sits in a bubble, which causes an issue if the lens has a short working distance. Sometimes, I will advise them to remove the wax carefully (and safely!) by using xylene.

Cheers,

Jacqui