CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2006

From:
Rosemary White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2006 09:43:54 +1000

We've tried it in plant tissues, and the biarsenical compound is lethal to
the cells at substantial dilution, and the fluorescence, if it's real, is
weak and hard to distinguish from background autofluorescence.

The postdoc who tried this has moved on to another project, so we haven't
pursued it very vigorously.  I know a couple of other groups in Australia
said they were trying it in plants, but have heard nothing, and assume it's
because they couldn't get it to work well enough to publish.

It looked great, though, in those gap junctions!

cheers,
rosemary

Dr. Rosemary White              [log in to unmask]
CSIRO Plant Industry            ph.     02-6246 5475
GPO Box 1600                        mob.  0402 835 973
Canberra, ACT 2601             fax.     02-6246 5334
Australia