CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 2003

From:
Boris Joffe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 09:47:42 +0100

Dear List,

after hours proved to be a very interesting discussion.

I have a question and a small suggestion/request.

The question:
    how many hours should a new confocal user work in presence of an
instructor to be allowed to work e.g., after hours ?
I would consider two extreme cases:
    a) a new user who routinely works with a microscope in his own lab
    b) somebody for whom a a brand new confocal is the first microscope he
has ever seen in his life ?

It was great to find in Stephen Cody's message an instruction. Everybody
knows brief instructions are necessary, but one rarely finds them outside
core facilities. Of course, they are site-specific, but if we had more
instruction posted in the list, it would be a great help, one could sort of
"lego" his own one.

The text above makes it clear that I do not currently have any written
instruction (I work in a small lab) - sorry about that !

Boris Joffe