CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2024

From:
Craig Brideau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2024 18:15:37 -0700
To join or leave the confocal microscopy listserv or to change your email address, go to:
https://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=confocalmicroscopy&A=1

We've had to do the same with our local core facilities (not just for our
microscopes, but other bookable equipment too!). If you don't make the
users accountable for missed bookings they will abuse the system by booking
"speculatively" on the off chance they *might* need the system. Billing
no-shows solves this issue and ensures the equipment is more fairly
available.

Craig