CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 1994

From:
Danny Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 1994 07:21:11 +1000
the only reason I'm broadcasting this to the list is to pass on a little
info about emailing bitnet nodes though this topic is less-interesting and
useful than it once was....

>Hi-  Is there an internet address for this Bboard?  We are having trouble using
> our Vax to communicate to Bitnet.  Dave Knecht
that's probably because .bitnet is only a pseudo-domain that's recognized
by appropriately configured mail systems. When they see a message to
[log in to unmask] they in fact forward it on to one of the well-known
bitnet gateways. If your VAX's mailer isn't setup to do this you can either
manually route it to a gateway:
    [log in to unmask]@yalevm.yale.edu  (off the top of my head)

but in general you're safer using the straight Internet address:

cheers,
Danny Thomas

PS this is a copy of what comes after your subscription is acknowledged

monthly digests of traffic since list started are available via ftp
    ftp ubvm.cc.buffalo.edu   cd confocal