CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 1999

From:
Andres Kriete <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 16:06:20 +0100
3-D IMAGE PROCESSING AND VISUALIZATION IN MICROSCOPY

Dear confocal list members,

this is to annouce a second course on 3-D image processing
in microscopy, which immeadiatly follows the int.congress 'Focus
on Microscopy' in Heidelberg, April 1999. The course is given
by Dr.Roland Eils and myself at the Interdisciplinary Center
of Scientific Computing (IWR) in Heidelberg, April 15-17.

The course is designed to improve your understanding of the
principles, concepts and applications of multidimensional
image processing and visualization in microscopy. Lectures and
hands-on tutorials include:

- image preprocessing and deconvolution
- surface and volume rendering
- image analysis and image quality
- 4-D imaging and functional simulation
- image management

Since we favour an individual training the course is limited to
14 participants.

Further information is available at:

http://www.afw.uni-mannheim.de/3dimage.html

or:
Academy for Continued Education
c/o Dr.Birgit Stadler
Friedrich-Ebert-Anlage 22-24
69117 Heidelberg
Germany
Phone +49 6221/54-7815
Fax   +49 6221/54-7819

I PD Dr.Andres Kriete, Dipl.-Phys.   I Phone: +49 641-99-47165            I
I Image Processing Laboratory (IPL)  I Fax:   +49 641-99-47159            I
I Inst. of Anatomy and Cell Biology  I E-mail:andres.kriete@              I
I University Clinic Giessen          I        anatomie.med.uni-giessen.de I
I Aulweg 123, 35385 Giessen, Germany I http://www.med.uni-giessen.de/ipl  I