CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2008

From:
"Ignatius, Mike" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:28:06 -0400

I concur Sylvie response - I also would be concerned that any holes in the endothial layer would allow oil version to leak out.  Better containment with the paste - applied with glass needles.

To make protocol optimization a tad easier, we offer two sampler kits (below).  For details our web site is best, rather than blogging here.

Lipophilic Tracer Sampler Kit  The Lipophilic Tracer Sampler kit contains 1 mg samples of nine different membrane stains.  SKU# L-7781  This has more than just the DiI versions in case they work out better.

But for just paste versions:  (Ignore neuro - can work for any cell type.)
NeuroTrace® Multicolor Tissue-Labeling Kit - DiO, DiI, DiD pastes, 500 mg each  SKU# N-22884

Mike Ignatius

Molecular Probes/Invitrogen