CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2013

From:
Andreas Bruckbauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2013 03:48:48 -0500

Dear all,

i think this is an important question and also a problem with other microcopy techniques like super-resolution localisation microscopty or SPIM time laps recodings. One aspect is that one might want to reanalise the videos at a later time with an improved tracking algorithm and would need the raw data for this. Lossless compression could help as well as cropping out the important part of the image. But when the amount of data created is just prohibitive one might argue that it should be easer to repeat the experiment than saving all the data. This would mean making sure there will be access to the samples and keeping the microscopes as well as knowledge how to use them...

 best wishes

Andreas