CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2021

From:
"Z.J. Zhang" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 2021 17:08:36 +0000

Doug,

Your guess is likely correct.
I used to have a similar system. It is not hard to take the filter wheel off. You can then check the excitation filters and you will likely see physical damages ('turns') on the filter even  with naked eyes. If budget allows, it might be a good idea to change the light source as well.

Zhaojie Zhang
Director, Jenkins Microscopy Facility
University of Wyoming