CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2009

From:
Rosemary White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 2009 07:13:29 +1100
Dear Simon,

The DIC prism degrades the image quite substantially on our Leica SP2.  I
understood this to be because the fluorescence is "split", but maybe the
laser excitation is affected also.  It has a quite noticable
fuzzing/doubling effect on the final image.  I always recommend that for DIC
overlays, people take two images - fluorescence first, DIC plus fluorescence
second.  Have not looked at the psf, though.

cheers,
Rosemary

Rosemary White
CSIRO Plant Industry