CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2000

From:
Michael Cammer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 13:03:21 -0800
Thanks for the replies.
BioRad has been helpful in identifying the problem.
There are multiple oscillations, but the biggest one seems to be a 60 Hz
pattern which is far more pronounced with the Kr/Ar laser than with the
637nm diode laser.  Also, some of the noise/oscillations change when we
plug into different circuits via a long extension cord.  Therefore, we've
implicated the laser as the dominant problem.  Whether we can fix it is
another story.
The fixed lines we have in the transmitted light images are a different
problem and we don't see them with fluorescence.
http://www.aecom.yu.edu/aif/instructions/BioRad_instructions/installation/sh
ipp001116/fft.htm and
http://www.aecom.yu.edu/aif/instructions/BioRad_instructions/installation/00
1109/001109.htm
Thanks again, and we'll keep you updated when we definitely have identified
the problem.  If you have any suggestions for stabilizing the laser, please
let us know.

Michael Cammer   Analytical Imaging Facility   Albert Einstein Coll. of Med.
Jack & Pearl Resnick Campus      1300 Morris Park Ave.     Bronx, NY  10461
(718) 430-2890       Fax:  430-8996      URL:  http://www.aecom.yu.edu/aif/