CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2000

From:
Gert van Cappellen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 22:15:13 +0200
Hello Timothy,

The new Zeiss confocals have an other building plan than the 410. The
LSM510 and Pascal are both connected trough a SCSI device with a special
box which controls the microscope. This makes the computer rather
independent from the microscope. All the hardware in the special box
should be serviced by Zeiss, which also still supports the LSM410
hardware. All microscope dealers will tell you that they support your
system for a certain period, but certainly not until the end of times.
The question in this case is, what is a reasonable period. The microscope
will probably work more than 10 years, but the software is rather old
fashioned long before that time.

Greetings, Gert van Cappellen