CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2007

From:
Sudipta Maiti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2007 09:41:02 +0530

If you are interested in the transmission characterisitics of the
material of the objective, the NA should not be a big
issue. You can put an iris in the
beam and make it thin before entering the objective. Do take the iris
transmission as the baseline (this of course will tell you nothing about
the transmission of the peripheral, high angle rays)..

With an iris and with no integrating sphere available, you should still be able
to get a reasonable estimate of the wavelength dependent transmission
from a simple spectrophotometer.

Sudipta

--
Sudipta Maiti