CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 2011

From:
"MODEL, MICHAEL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 2011 11:05:54 -0500

I am receiving many requests for instruction for making dishes, maybe it would make sense to post them. This is how we do it:

You would need:

1. Roper Whitney XX hand punch (Roper Whitney #135010001 with bench mounting base #139010001) to make holes in the bottom of plastic dishes.
2. Hand deburring tool (Small Parts Inc #DBR-HT)
3. Sylgard 184 glue (World Precision Instruments, #SYLG184) to glue glass coverslips to dishes. It cures overnight and is nontoxic to cells.

(From: D. Kline in Microinjections: Methods and applications, ed. DJ Carroll, 2009 Humana Press, pp 135-156)