CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2004

From:
Cameron Cooper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 13:58:16 -0500

For clarification:

This artifact occurs in a single channel exploration only, something
that I didn't mention. My thoughts were that this problem has
something to do with reflection of emission light from somewhere in
the sample preparation (between slide and coverslip) as the noise
seemed to be stable and dependant on the depth of focus. The tissue
is slightly irregular and perhaps as much as 1 mm thick. The
placement of the coverslip is not necessarily uniform from one slide
to the next.

Has anyone seen this sort of artifact on any system or with any
sample preparation? Any comments addressing the theoretical are as
welcome as those addressing the more pragmatic side of things. Thanks
in advance, Cameron