CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 1992

From:
Michael Cammer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Aug 1992 14:13:30 EDT
> One comment- at a Biorad worksho
> p, the recommended a tilted surface mirror test to quantify the z optical
 secti
> on.  I havce done this for each of my lenses at several slit positions, but I
> m unconvinced that the number obtained is actually usable.  Any comments?

One problem with this method is that the focus motor needs to be somehow
calibrated.  Another is that, after the discussion last week about
different wavelengths of light focusing at different planes, I found that
at least w/ one double labelled data set merged on VoxelView did not
register correctly in the z axis.  Adding blank frames at the beginning
made the volume look right, but I will try beads to calibrate the system.

>  Second point- as to 3D programs and how they handle z resolution.  I recently
> got Microvoxel up and running, and in this program you can explicitly tell the
> program exactly what the x,y, and z dimensions of each pixel are, and that
 data
>  is used in the reconstruction.  Is this not true of other programs?  DaveK

True for VoxelView by rescaling in VoxelMath.

-mc