CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2007

From:
Pedro J Camello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 21:05:19 +0100

Hi,

I would like to listen opinions regarding compartimentalization of
fura-2 in cell nucleus. I know of some reports of accumulation of fluo-3
within nucleus, which was accompanied also by changes in the calcium
affinity of the dye. I have observed that nuclei of fur-loaded cells
have a stronger  fluorescence than cytosol, but the resting is slightly
lower. I guess is just a change in Kd, but I have observed that both the
rate of Ca2+ rise and the propagation of cytosolic signals within
nucleus is slower than in cytosol. If there is just a Kd increase, could
it explain that slowed kinetic?
Thanks

--
Dr Pedro J Camello