CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2000

From:
Joachim Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 12:51:05 +0100
Dear listmembers,

I already posted this message, but accidently to the newsgroup, so I
think it was not distributed to the list. I apologize, if anyone gets
the message twice, now.

We are thinking about buying a digital camera that replaces our old 35mm
camera at our cell culture microscope. I know that there has been some
conversation going on about this on the list and I recall that at least
the Nikon Coolpix 950 and 990, the Olympus DP-10 (C-2500) and the Kodak
DC290 have been mentioned. However, from looking at the websites, it
seems
to me that all of them have fixed objectives, which would be a problem,
as
our old camera was attached by the standard thread to which the
changeable
objectives of 35mm cameras can be attached. Does anybody know, if any of
the cameras have adapters for this thread or if there are any other
cameras in the <~ 1000$ range that have the thread? C-mount is not an
option at this microscope.

Many thanks, Joachim

  Joachim Walter, Dipl. Phys.
  Institut für Anthropologie und Humangenetik der LMU München
  AG Cremer
  Richard-Wagner-Straße 10/I
  D-80333 München               Tel. +49 - 89-2180-6713
  Germany                       Fax               -6719