CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2001

From:
Alex Sheftel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 11:36:39 -0400
Dr. Hellerman,

Calcein is a reagent used to measure intracellular iron levels, but it has
been known to bind to other divalent cations.  I think it's membrane
permeable, so it I don't think you could use it to see lysosomal levels,
though.  That is, if it works for cadmium at all.

Alex Sheftel
Lady Davis Institute
McGill University
Montreal