CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2006

From:
John Runions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 16:10:00 +0100

Hi Jim and others,

People always recommend pasting different images into different channels
to make rgb colour overlays (as Michael has done).  That works but I
want to know if there is anything wrong with simply pasting the seperate
images into different layers and setting all of the upper layers to
screen mode.  I do it that way and it certainly works to produce a real
looking overlay.  You then have all of the image adjustment controls
available for each layer.  This works for purely fluorescent overlays as
well as overlays of fluorescence on transmitted light images.

Cheers, John.

Jim Paladino wrote:

> Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>
> Not a confocal question but does anyone know how to:
>

> 1)  Pseudocolor individual fluorescent images in Photoshop?
>
> 2)  Merge 2-3 fluorescent images and have them pseudocolored in Photoshop?
>
> 3)  Merge one brightfield (monochrome) and one fluorescent (Blue,
> Green, and/or Red) image in Photoshop?
>
> 4)  Blend/Normalize each channel with respect to the others?
>

> My client is using Photoshop CS2 (v9.0.1) for Mac OS X.
>

> Thx so much!
>

> Jim

> Jim Paladino, Vice President
> BioVision Technologies, Inc.
> 80 West Welsh Pool Road, Suite 101N
> Exton, PA 19341
> (415)378-2484 - Voice
> (610)524-9742 - Fax
> www.BioVis.com <http://www.biovis.com/>

C. John Runions, Ph.D.
School of Biological and Molecular Sciences
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford, UK
OX3 0BP

email: [log in to unmask]