CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2000

From:
Anthony Borrelli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 15:10:49 -0400
From: Anthony R. Borrelli

The greatest advantage of the MDS290 versus other point and shoot digital
cameras is in enhanced workflow.

The MDS290 is supplied with software designed for microscopy which allows
you to control all functions of the camera from your computer(exposure,
optical zoom, resolution, time-lapse, etc).  As the software is integrated
with PhotoShop, filters (sharpen, RGB) within the MDS290 plug-in are pulled
from PhotoShop, ensuring accuracy and reproduceability.  Other point and
shoot digital cameras, although adapted to a microscope, require all
adjustments be made at the camera itself and captured images must then be
downloaded to one's computer.

The included optical adapter (designed to attach to a 1.0X C-Mount) allows
the researcher to parfocalize the camera with the eyepieces of the
microscope.  If you are using matched objectives, you can be assured that
when the sample is in focus through your eyepieces, you will capture a
crisp high resolution (2.1 mega-pixel) non-interpolated image.

I trust this information is of some help.   Should you have any questions
or require additional information, please don't hesitate to contact me
directly.

Sincerely,
Anthony Borrelli
Eastman Kodak
Scientific Imaging Systems
Tel: 203.786.5606
Fax: 203.624.3143

Michal Opas <[log in to unmask]> on 07/14/2000 12:12:30 PM

Please respond to Confocal Microscopy List