CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2007

From:
Steve Valadares <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2007 11:11:00 -0800

-----Original Message-----

From:  "Ray Gilbert" <[log in to unmask]>
Subj:  Re: Shipping cells on coverslips in 6-well plates
Date:  Tue Mar 6, 2007 10:49 am
Size:  1K
To:  "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

Some companies (I'm not sure which now days) also provide agarose which requires calcium or similar ions to gel. You could ship them embedded in this then add EDTA or similar to liquefy the agarose again. Alternatively you may be able to stain and view in normal agarose if you want - I have done this many times for immunocytochemistry and other fluorescent stains without any problems.

Cheers

Ray G