CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2014

From:
Philippe Clemenceau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2014 23:11:08 -0400

COMMERCIAL ANSWER !!

Hi Zulin,

This might be way more than what you originally thought but I wanted to let
you know that our company offers a adaptive optics unit called MICAO that
actually replaces the cylindrical lens with a deformable mirror and plugs
directly in your microscope between your camera and camera port.

The advantages are several :

1) With the deformable mirror , you can adjust electronically the amount of
astigmatism you need.
2) with a DM, you can also induce a pure astigmatism, that means no other
aberration such as spherical is added
3) there is no dispersion/chromaticity
4) you can correct aberrations of your microscope and increase the amount of
light in your PSF significantly which improves your X Y Z localization
precision
4) you can also correct depth induced aberrations to image deep. We have for
example demonstrated PALM or STORM imaging at 50 microns recently.

For more information, I invite you to go to
http://www.imagine-optic.com/MicAO/index.php
You will find a direct comparison with the cylindrical lens approach.

Kind regards,

Philippe Clémenceau, Division Manager, MS in Optical Science

Imagine Optic Inc./Axiom Optics
Ph:+1 (617) 401 2198
Cell: + 1 (310) 597 1347
1 Broadway, 14th floor
Fax: +1(425) 930 9818
Cambridge,  MA 02142
www.axiomoptics.com

Metrology, Adaptive Optics, Scientific Imaging, Laser Measurements