CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2012

From:
Julio Vazquez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2012 09:08:09 -0700

Our customers had good success with Greiner Bio-One coverglass bottom plates, although I was not able to find them on their online catalog in a recent search.

hhttp://us.gbo.com/bioscience/categories/

Their Polysterene plates Cat # 655083/655086 are also good.

I've had good recommendations for Ibidi plates and Willco wells plates. They are supposed to be good optically, and cells are reported to grow well on them:

http://www.biophysics.com/pages/products/IBIDI/ibidi.html

http://www.ibidi.de/products/index.html

http://www.willcowells.com/

Although not coverglass bottom, optical plates from BD and Nunc have also given us good results. They do work well with lenses such as 20x/0.8 PlanApo, but we did not use them with higher NA immersion lenses; BD used to have also glass bottom plates (#357311); I'm not sure they still do. The BD Thin Bottom series (#353219) are "optical grade" plastic 190 microns thick. BD claims they are suitable for use with high NA objectives. Assuming the refractive index is right, oil immersion lenses shoudl not care too much about a 20 micron difference in thickness.

Nunc Optiplate: Nunc Cat # 165306; Sigma-Aldrich Cat # P8866; Fisher Scientific catalog # 12-566-35 and 12-566-37

(Nunc plates now sold by Thermo-Fisher)

Falcon BD BioCoat: 96-well clear bottom and 384 well thin bottom, BD Cat # 353219 (Fisher cat # 08-772-225)

Falcon BD BioCoat 384-well: BD bioscience cat 354667 (collagen coated) and others

BD Falcon glass bottom plates: # 357311 (96-well) / 357312 (384-well)

These plates come with different coatings, and therefore may have different catalog numbers. Just make sure to read the full specs before ordering.

--
Julio Vazquez
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

http://www.fhcrc.org/