CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2008

From:
Gert van Cappellen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2008 11:57:23 +0100

When a Zeiss confocal (LSM510) is setup the system is calibrated in such
a way that it gives the same intensity for all scan speeds. In your case
you could ask Zeiss to do this calibration again. I once asked Zeiss if
it was possible to take this out and this was not recommended (done). I
did some comparisons by making 2 images of the same sample either with
lower scan speed or with a average and if you make a 2D plot of the
pixel intensities for both situations you will see that the average
image gives less noise.

We also make sometimes saturated pictures but never observed the
stripes, so this may be a machine dependent phenomenon.
I always thought that the detector protection that was mentioned in an
earlier mail was only active when you activate a bleaching protocol.

Best regards,
Gert van Cappellen

--
wigGert van Cappellen, [log in to unmask]
!!! NEW TEL +31-10-70 43578; FAX +31-10-7044736 !!!