CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2014

From:
George McNamara <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 15 May 2014 18:19:47 -0500

Hi Colin,

Could you (and Gerhard/PCO and someone from Hamamatsu) please explain
why you are not correcting the gain for every pixel, re: the mess shown
in Huang ... Bewersdorf et al 2013,
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3696415/ , supplemental
figure 1,

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3696415/bin/NIHMS475969-supplement-1.pdf

This should be doable at the camera device driver level (would be nice
if implemented 'realtime' on a GPU or Intel Phi card) so that everyone
who owns any of your cameras could get this for just the effort of a
driver update.

thanks in advance,

George

--