CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2019

From:
Mark Cannell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2019 09:38:53 +0000

Hi All

When we used an AOM for 2P intensity modulation we used the zero order beam and with 95% diffraction efficiency the 2P excitation rate was so low when the AOM was fully energized that the zero order beam was effectively shut off. For safety there was also a 2ms response time mechanical shutter that would block the beam when not scanning. That  said, we did not expect the AOM to provide full beam intensity control, but had a separate attenuator (reflective ND filter) to set the maximum power desired.

HTH Mark

Mark Cannell Ph.D. FRSNZ, FISHR
University of Bristol, UK