CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2013

From:
"Cammer, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 2013 20:30:45 +0000

Not with confocal, but yes with multiphoton with an open beam path.  Wavelengths somewhere in the range of 820 to 960 nm.  Both an injury and black spots on the wall.

According to a quick google search, commercial CMOS cameras are susceptible to laser damage too.

Michael Cammer, Microscopy Core & Dustin Lab , Skirball Institute, NYU Langone Medical Center
Cell:  914-309-3270   Lab: 212-263-3208
http://ocs.med.nyu.edu/microscopy & http://www.med.nyu.edu/skirball-lab/dustinlab/