CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2012

From:
Graham Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2012 14:44:28 +0800

Dear Amandeep,

Previous discussions have attributed autofluorescence to the riboflavin in
the DMEM and possibly the folic acid and phenol red in that and other
culture media:

http://confocal-microscopy-list.588098.n2.nabble.com/fluorescent-medium-td1691899.html
and
http://www.bio.net/bionet/mm/fluorpro/1999-February/001193.html

Depending on your experimental constraints you can try different media, as
suggested in these threads, with less riboflavin. A filter set that can
suppress it is also suggested.

Good luck,
Graham

--
*Graham Wright, PhD*
Microscopy Unit Manager

Institute of Medical Biology
8A Biomedical Grove, #06-06 Immunos, Singapore 138648

E:   [log in to unmask]
W:  http://www.imb.a-star.edu.sg/imu/