CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2000

From:
Jennie Sturgis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 18:17:47 -0500
Hello All,
        I'd like to know if any one has experience using CRI's
Micro*Color liquid crystal RGB filter (or any other RGB LCD filter) in
combination with a monochrome camera?  Using a removable
RGB filter to collect non-interpolated color images with a
monochrome camera sounds like a great idea.  I'd like to avoid the
~30% transmission loss when imaging fluorescence that you get
with a fixed RGB filter in front of the camera and I like that the filter
could be used to "convert" any monochrome camera into a color
one.  What concerns me is the potential for difficulties with the
software control of the camera and filter combination and of course
I want our set up to be easy to use (multi-user facility).  I'd like to
know if anyone has had camera/filter cooridination problems,
problems with calculating exposures for good white balance, ect..
We would probably be using UIC's software MetaMorph to control
both the RGB filter and the camera.  Also if anyone is using  the
"universal" c-mount microscope coupler from CRI I'd like to hear
about any parfocality or field of view problems.

Thank You,

Jennifer Sturgis
Purdue University