CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2014

From:
jens rietdorf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2014 20:12:21 +0200

Dear Mike,

because the 458 line  was a weak line of the Argon laser with less than 5%
of the total output power, for GFP excitation there were often limitations
to the excitation power, in particular when using low NA lenses and as a
consequence, also filter manufacturers offered less options including 458
in multiline dichroics.

So if you can provide a powerful enough laser -also to compensate for the
smaller excitation cross section- and suitable excitation optics, 458
should be well suited for GFPturbo excitation.

Greetings, Jens