CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2001

From:
Tom Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 17:56:33 -0500
It came on my new Biorad Radiance 2000.  It was one of the standard
options - my recollection is that I was given a choice of either the
detuned Kr/Ar + red diode or the regular 3-line Kr/Ar for the same
price.  My Biorad sales rep said they favored the detuned Kr/Ar
because of the previous problem and I needed no convincing after our
experience that was similar to what Lloyd is facing now.  We got to a
point where Biorad was letting us install the lasers ourselves to
save time.  The new laser needs periodic fine tuning to get a maximal
even light but seems much more stable.