CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2016

Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 2016 17:34:00 +0200

Dear Kyle,
I've never seen any issues with liability in scientific papers. I remember
I've read a line starting "All chemical were purchased from .... and used
without further purification." (or similar) at least thousand times -
without notes such as "don't drink sulphuric acid", "don't drink methanol",
"phalloidin is really, really poisonous", not mentioning human cells,
viruses, cloning, animals, ...

In a scientific paper you want to read about the science, not about
regulatory stuff...

I would just mention laser safety, and if you keep the laser power below 1
mW (and wavelength above 400 nm), no none gets hurt. Note, that you can buy
(at least in Europe) Chinese green laser pointers with 100 mW output (at 532
nm) and probably much more in the IR, if you're lucky. No liability there.

Best, zdenek