CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 1993

Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1993 15:47:00 GMT
Recently we obtained a MRC-600, equiped with the Kr/Ar laser.
When we image fluorescence with the K1/K2 filterblocks, I noticed
that the red signal from either TRITC or Texas Red always showed
up less intense than the green signal from FITC or Bodipy, although
upon conventional inspection of the specimen the two signals were
comparably bright.
Is this a common finding for other MRC-600 users, or do I have to
worry about some misfunctioning of our system.

Thanks for any comments.

Lauran Oomen   The Netherlands Cancer Institute.